Wednesday, September 5, 2007

OC's worry and joy

As I have said in my core team sharing, I always remind myself to "expect the unexpected" because so many things could go wrong but... I am so glad that there is no big issue at the camp this year. Well, there were some minor ones before the start of the camp but they were all solved by our Lord.

However, there are some miracles in the camp that bring me (and hopefully yours too) some joyful and memorable moments. Here I have listed a few:

1) Weather forecast was wrong - Outdoor Mass and Camp fire can be resumed.
2) All 3 days program ends on time (with no major overrun) provided we have so many ad-hoc and delayed programs.
3) Fr Mark did show up to celebrate Mass with us even I forgot to call and remind him before the camp.
4) Conference call was done smoothly (really?) even rehearsal runs failed with many technical problems.
5) All 5 fathers (Fr. Chan, Au, Chu, Ho and Yeung) were celebrating Commissioning Mass with us. Record high in Gasei's history!
6) Last but not least - positive feedbacks from campers and we have >40 campers who said "Yes" to serve God through Gasei next year.

So, what else can I ask for?

Thanks for everyone's prayers to make this happen. Special thanks to our planning teams' hardwork. And of course our dream core team (Monica, Gabby, Susanna, Simon, Andy, Alan and sister Cham)
** Thanks be to God for everything He has done for the WCCCCLC group especially the camp 2007 and look forward to the post camp and discernment retreat. **

Tony (OC - Overall Coordinator)


1 comment:

Alan and Teresa said...

Tony, though we've known each other for years, GS'07 was the first time I got to witness you taking on a highly visible leadership role, and, wow, you are good! Your dedication (and Michele's) is inspiring. I thank God for having a friend and comrade like you!

Alan