Sunday, September 9, 2007

Enriched. Loved. Touched. Moving On.

If you're living in BC, you may recall a piece of news about 2 weeks ago that an hotair balloon was on fire in Surrey which resulted in 10 serious injuries and 2 deaths. Ada has told me from reading the news that those who were dead were a mother and her daughter. This is a piece of saddening news.

* * * *

I am very grateful to be the group facilitator for WCCCLC 2007! I came home with an even more open mind, body, and soul - although the body isn't functioning probably as it should. Fr. Chan has changed my view towards the Jesuits and how they interpret the Bible and the Church. As well, I was able to grow by giving others the opportunity to serve and enriching their viewpoints by sharing what I have experienced or inspired by. I fell in love with the music of the camp this year too! They are truly the beauty from the hearts of many great musicians from the camp. I also get to be in the prayers of many experienced musicians to lead and sing from their hearts - for me! Thanks for helping me to pray deeper!

The group that I facilitated was also called 'Hot Air Balloon.' Isn't that amazing? Well, I had my most memorable part of life on this 'Burnt Hot Air Balloon' - because Horace forcefully put his engagement ring on my finger(s) and from there we have decided to move on our life together! There was a challenge when I firstly facilitated this group, because the accident was very much the first attention that people were drawn to - but luckily, the group members were on the opposite side of spectrum - very helpful, caring, and sharing - that made this journey a bit easier for me to pilot and fly. I've kept praying the rosary for those who were injured and killed by this hot air balloon accident.

How I interpret 'Happiness' (WCCCLC 2007 theme) is very much related to Christian vocation and our relationship with the Eucharist. Ethics is a challenging topic because we need to study and examine our conscience in a systematic way. I am challenged by many thoughts that Fr. has presented in the camp this year (of course, sleep-wise?!), however, it is useful for me to flip through the Bible and use verses to describe the ideas that I would like to communicate. I particularly have found it challenging that I have to truly thank God for all the bad things - bad things - 'garbage' that I think - is a blessing. The example of 'Garbage Hill' in one of the island of Philippines which best describes. I also learn to fast much easier when everyone around me is doing the same. In fact, I always fast myself anyways - not for spiritual reasons, but because I forgot to eat from work. (One of pet-peeves now for me is that for ppl to waste food... I think I'll get mad at them pretty badly ;p) I also got to hear the different stages of how non-Catholics, or even newly-baptised Catholics to view how they are accepted by the Church. I have even washed a friend's foot (so do many other GFs). We played the board game of monopoly + life together, which was also inspiring because it challenges me to organize and gets us to play as if we were in control of everything, but indeed there was an invisible hand BEHIND (or ABOVE) still!

One particular cool thing is that I could see five priests together in the commissioning mass today. They blessed us, as campers, but they also blessed one another in the fellowship of priesthood. They joked and played with us too - I felt so 'at home' when they also could ease up and let us see the joking side of them too!

I love the Church and hope that one day all of us can reach heaven (through any kinds of transportation from the camp) and party again! For those whom I miss... ie. all of my older friends from Ga Sei (as I was flipping through many photo albums of hardcopy pics taken by Zenia)... and whom cannot come, I am keeping you all in my prayers!

**Pls help in pumping more hot air to the balloon so that it continues to fly up high in the sky happily - for the love of God. Amen.**

Love in Christ, pat (taken from my blog site)

No comments: