Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Mon da AOC sharing

Before heading to the camp, I was carrying work stress, health issues, family problems and all other wounds in my heart. I was feeling angry, vulunerable, helpless, and exhausted at that time. I was hoping thru this 4 days 3 nights GS camp, God can heal me and solve all the problems for me, and give me that big spiritual booster and leap that I've always longed for.

And then on Aug 31st, I decided to give everything to God and let Him do wonders......

Personally as a camper, it's somewhat difficult for me to enjoy the camp and quietly listen to the Holy Spirit, as I always have to run in and out, up and down to coordinate things. However, I do manage to enjoy the skit planning & crafts on Saturday. Skit is always one of the funniest activities that makes me laugh 'til my cheeks are sore; and as for the craft section, it's amazing to see the artistic and creativity side of so many members. (I've already made some mental notes and getting ready to ask those artistic campers to join Graphics team next year =p)

On Sunday, I would say the singspiration and the core team sharing is my favourite part. Singing and Praise & Worship have always been one of the easiest channels for me to communicate with God. Enable to feel the Holy Spirit guiding me and the whole camp is truly an amazing and undescribable feeling. As for the core team sharing, it just gives me that cozy, warm, and happy feeling, as if a gal is hanging with her girlfriends, having heart-to-heart talk, and enjoying a spa at the same time.

Monday... Monday... Monday...our very last day of the camp! The recruitment P&W is one of the highlight in the camp. From the core team carrying the wooden cross to the stage, to seeing tons of old and new campers willing to step out and hang their new tags on the cross..... I was sooo touched, and tears just kept rolling down on my cheeks uncontrollably. I can't help to ask God "What have I done to deserve your Great Love!?"

When I was on my way heading back home, I asked myself... has God taken away all my problems and gave me solutions miraculously? The answer is No. I then asked, has God given me the big spiritual booster and the leap that I've longed for? The answer is also No. But what God has given me during this camp is an inner peace that I have lacked for months, and the ability to find calmness and happiness in the midst of suffering.

I know very well that the problems that I had to deal with before camp still exist after camp. I know very well that I'm the one who needs to deal with those issues. But the difference is that I don't feel angry and helpless anymore. For I know God gives me courage and a new perspective to see things, and I know He will walk with me everyday.

Besides thanking our One and Only Almighty God, I'd like to thank all new campers for such amazing courage to step out of your comfort zone, and come to a catholic living camp that you've never been to before! I'd also like to thank all old campers for your continuous support and prayer. Moreover, I'd like to thank all working and planning team members for giving out a big chunk of your effort, time & brain juice to make this camp possible. At last,I'd like to thank all my dearest core teammates: Tony, Alan, Gabby, Susanna, Andy and Simon (aka Bun Ju) for walking this Journey of Happiness with me since day 1. LOVE YOU ALL!!! *muah*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a prayer I'd like to share. I don't know where it came from but some of you might have seen it:

I asked God for strength,
that I might achieve...
I was made weak,
that I might learn humbly to obey.

I asked for health,
that I might do greater things..
I was given infirmity,
that I might do greater things.

I asked for riches,
that I might be happy...
I was given poverty,
that I might be wise.

I asked for power,
that I might have the praise of men...
I was given weakness,
that I might feel the need of God.

I asked for all things,
that I might enjoy life...
I was given life,
that I might enjoy all things.

I got nothing that I asked for,
but everything I had hoped for.

Almost despite myself,
my unspoken prayers were answered.

I am among all men,
most richly blessed!


Fr. Thomas Au

Monica Yau said...

Thanks Fr. Au for sharing the prayer with us. =)

Alan and Teresa said...

Mon, you and the entire core team was one of the greatest gifts I received this year, and God has blessed me richly through all of you. How can I keep from singing God's praise! (many thanks to you and Gary for proposing this song!)

Alan

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.