Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Chris' Sharing

WCCCLC 07 was my 5th year of 加西 already, but this year was something extraordinary. I believe that, through God, this camp can change and strengthen a person's life, not just spiritually, but mentally and emotionally as well. God works in mysterious ways, and some people experience this change during their 1st visit, others perhaps their 8th, but for me, it was this year, my 5th visit.

Although I was born and raised a Catholic, and even actually received an award for "most religious" during my 7th grade in my Catholic elementary school, I never truly felt a strong bond with God. I go to church every Sunday, pray every night, and try to help out with church activities, but there was still something that was missing. Perhaps it is just like Fr. Au said during the Q&A, that people who do not experience suffering, or endured too much suffering, has a hard time believing in God's existence. I admit that fall into the category of the former, as God has blessed me with no sufferings for the past 21 years of my life. However, after going on a pilgrimage to Lourdes this past May, I experienced losses and sufferings that never occurred to me before, and I did not find the cure......until I listened to God's true voice during this year's camp. God speaks to each of us differently during the camp; some may find His voice in Praise and Worship, others in Taize. For me, it was actually during the Gospel of one of the Masses.

I have been the drummer for WCCCLC ever since my 1st time at the camp when I was just 16, and one year I was also a GF as well. However, this year's Core team sharing (and other teams' sharing as well) made me feel that God is calling not just a few, but many of us to help out and evangalize the Good News, and it is not as hard as it may seem. Therefore, in accordance to that Gospel that Fr. Mark spoke of, I would be ashamed to hide my talent under the soil; instead, I would try to double, triple, or even quadruple it. As God blessed me with the talents of guitar, drums, and piano, I would like to double my talents by helping the composition of next year's theme song of WCCCLC, and perhaps even more, with the help of God.

If you haven't, I would truly encourage you to read Odilia's sharing on pg. 69 of the handbook, and perhaps try to help out for next year's camp! See you all there, and may God bless you and open your hearts to hear His voice through our wonderful journey of happiness that is just beginning!

In Him,
Chris

3 comments:

Monica Yau said...

Chris, as I promised you last night, the first thing I’ll do this morning is to read your blog entry. And My! Did your blog entry ever made my day! You have no idea how happy, honored, and touched I am to know that this year’s GS is your extraordinary year. God works in mysterious ways, and conveys different message to each of us in different times. It’s not like we didn’t believe in God before, but sometimes we just need that click, that extra oomph from God in order to have a close bond with him, and to be in tune with him. Thank you for opening your heart, and let God do wonders in you. Thank you for saying “YES” to God by willing to help out in next year GS. GOD IS TRULY GOOD, ALL THE TIME!!!!

Gary Tam said...

Chris, thanks for sharing your journey with us. I thank God for knowing you and being able to witness your talents and your journey. I praise God that you respond to God's calling, and you are willing to help out in this upcoming GS.
So I shall see you in post camp meeting and discernment then. *two thumbs up* to Chris.

Alan and Teresa said...

Look forward to having your song on the next Photon CD!!

Alan :)