Sunday, September 9, 2007

Dom's Sharing

I've already talked a little about my experience with WCCCLC this year on my blog, so this post would be talking about some other stuff that I haven't exactly talked about there.

For those who didn't know already, this was my second year at WCCCLC and I helped out with the promotion team, mainly focusing on the website, specifically online registration. Being a not-so-very-outspoken person, doing the actual promotion was a challenge in itself, since being a SFX parishioner myself, this meant having to promote at SFX, where the approach was a conversational one-on-one promotion rather than a sit-at-a-booth-and-answer-questions type.

To be honest, it was discouraging at times to see some of the people who we approach just say that they can't make it, they were out of town, and various other reasons why they turned us down. But we still somehow managed to get quite a few people from SFX registered (last I checked, 18 participants from SFX!). So I pray that these folks, and especially the newcomers, will spread the good word about WCCCLC and get their friends to come next year!

As a side note to wrap things up, I started a job doing web development around a week before WCCCLC. On Friday, the first day of camp, I received a call from my employer offering me $1000 to not take my vacation (ie. not go to WCCCLC) and instead help with an urgent project he had. Obviously, since I went to camp, I did not take the monetary offer and I have felt happy and touched by God once again through WCCCLC.

If I had decided last minute that I would not go to camp, I do not think that I would have felt as happy as I did during and after camp.

This goes to show that money can't buy happiness, but God can most certainly provide it.

5 comments:

Gary Tam said...

Great to see you in the camp, Dom. You did an awesome job in promotion. Keep it up.

Tony Leung said...

Dominc,

You did a fabulous job in promotion team especially in online registration database management. Thanks for supporting this highly demanded online registration system for us in a professional manner in the past few months. Your dedication is really much appreciated.

I am so proud of the "tough" choice you've made before the camp and I am glad that you found your true happiness.

Go Gasei Go!

Tony

Alan and Teresa said...

Dom, that's was a tough choice indeed! You've found your strength in God!

Alan

Simon tse said...

Thanks a lot Dom for really thinking over the value of the camp. I am so glad that you were on my team this year. Your dedication to the team was one of the few reasons for keeping me going at the meetings and events.

I hope you also had a good time with your group this year :) Let's spread the word again next year.

Anonymous said...

what we get from WCCCLC is priceless, right Dom? And you guys did such a great job at the SFX parish. Can't wait to see what else God has in store for us. Keep this spirit alive =)